- Hydrate them because they are made of 2% water.
- Wear them regularly.
- If the pearls are stored in a safe of dry place, take the precaution of adding a glass of water next to them and take them out from time to time.
- Clean them with a soft cloth or a sponge towel slightly moistened with water. (A microfiber cloth for glasses also works well)
Things to avoid:
- Letting them get in contact with acids and chemicals (perfumes, cosmetics, sweat, chlorinated water, etc.)
- Leaving them in the closet, pearls need minimal exposure to light.
- Storing them near hot spot or directly sunlight.
- Putting them in the jewellery box or wearingthem with other harder jewellery (stones, metal…) which could scratch them.
- Cleaning them with products for gold or silver
- Using oils to hydrate them.